HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Review 2018
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit card variant stands equal to the Regalia credit card which is powered by Visa/MasterCard. Both comes with 1.3% savings on all spends. However, Diners cards has better privileges when it comes to travel benefits. Compared between Diners cards, it holds the position above Diners Rewardz which we reviewed recently and below Diners Club Black which is the flagship top end variant offered by Diners Club International in India in association wit HDFC Bank
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Features:
- Reward rate: ~1.3% normally, upto ~13% on accelerated rewards
- Redemption of Reward Points: Earned Reward points can be redeemed for air miles against Jet Airways & Singapore Airlines. or for booking hotels or air tickets across 150+ domestic or international airports/hotels.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Surcharge is waived off completely if fuel purchases are made between Rs 400-5000 across all fuel stations.
- Protection: Air Insurance cover of Rs 1 Crore in case of death in air accident to the next nominee. Overseas emergency hospitalization cover of Rs. 25 lakhs
- Renewal Fee Waiver: The annual fees of the card is Rs 2,500 which can be waived off if you spend Rs 3 lakhs in past 12 months.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: 6 Complimentary access to 500+ Lounges Worldwide in a calendar year.
- Travel insurance: Rs. 50,000/- on baggage delay / loss
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 2% + GST
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Reward points:
Apart from the advantages of concierge services mentioned in our previous article in HDFC Diners Club Rewardz, the reward earning rate on Diners club Premium credit card is pretty decent and equivalent to Regalia credit card.
- 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 on Retail spends
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.50 | 1 Reward Point = 0.50 Air Mile
Redeem reward points for booking Air Tickets / Hotels across 150+ Airlines and Choice of hotels (Domestic & International). You can also Redeem Reward Points for AirMiles against Jet Airways & Singapore Airlines.
The card is overall best suited for you if you are a frequent traveller. The features are designed so as to give customers a special treatment. This is the one of such credit cards which has the ability to provide unlimited lounge access in India. Not to mention, Diners club often run 10X rewards promotion with selective brands which might be a major reason for you to own this card apart from its usual travel benefits.